Thursday, March 29, 2012

Color Block Challenge: Day 4

Joy Sewing from Houston Chronicle
Today is day four of the color-block fashion challenge, created by Houston Chronicle's fashion and beauty editor Joy Sewing. I'm super thrilled to announce that my blog and I have been featured on her Chron.com Shop Girl blog! As a local fashion journalist, Sewing is a huge inspiration! I still remember the first time I met her at Fashion Group International's Career Day Houston years ago. She was the only fashion journalist at the event I attended, and the only person I could relate to really. Years later, I happened to meet her younger brother through a mutual "fashion designer" friend, and he was a super nice guy as well. Charm must run in their family.

Anyways, I'm super proud of myself for taking part in this challenge, mostly because I tend to be lazy at times and steer towards "comfort" clothes, or stick to the black-white-gray combination. I love colors, but I don't always think about what to wear properly versus what I can get my hands on. So I really loved thinking up new ways to play up color combinations with the clothes I currently have in my closet. Fashion isn't hard, it's all about having fun, but sometimes people over-think it with excessive "rules."

The look below is something I'm ultimately thrilled about, just because whenever I wear this BCBG Max Azria cream-colored skirt, I almost always pair it with a black top. Due to the color-block challenge, I got myself out of a "fashion rut" and into some fresh colors.



Tomorrow's post is the finale to the five-day, fashion color-block challenge.

Afterward, I'll be having a reader giveaway for Skindinavia's "No More Shine" makeup setting spray. Stay tuned for details!

Please "like" the Facebook page and follow via Twit-land for updates.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin