Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ashish Gupta x Topshop Collaboration

The latest Ashish Gupta x Topshop collaboration features a sportswear range adorned in punk-inspired studs, as seen on Rihanna. The collection looks a bit similar to or influenced by Ashish's Spring/Summer 2010 collection.


The new 7-piece collection features 5 pieces in jersey fabric. The 4 pieces which include a rolled-up grey marl tracksuit trouser, a pair of matching cuffed shorts, a cropped charcoal sweatshirt (tied at the waist), a pair of studded tracksuit bottoms and a studded black sweatshirt all lend themselves to the sporty-chic aesthetic seen on the London Fashion Week Spring runway.

The other two pieces include a biker jacket featuring Ashish’s trademark 3-centimeter studs and a pair of 1970s-inspired gold platform wedges.

Of the collection, Ashish says: “Studs and spikes were a big part of my mainline collection this season, and it felt right to carry that through in some way for my range for Topshop. I love the contrast between soft sweatshirt fabric and metal spikes — it's classic sportswear meets punk.


I personally think the studded cotton sweatpants is a bit too much, in fact some of the pieces from the collaboration are a bit too far-fetched for me. Above, I've compiled a few of the pieces from the Ashish Gupta x Topshop collaboration that I truly adore.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin